Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Free Advertising Forums Directory > Miscellaneous Forums

Miscellaneous Forums This is a list of any forum that has a free advertising section but doesnt fit into the categories above.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
observes

Default VANS Hats Choosing a Good Domain Name_2529

So, what do you need to know about choosing a domain name?
There are many people who will tell you to get a hyphened name because the search engines will treat it better and you'll get better rankings. This is in part (very small part) true but we come back again to the fact that you want the name to be easy to speak and to remember. Trying to say extend hyphen your hyphen home.com may be a little confusing. However for marketing solely online it should not harm you if you kept your hyphenated words to a maximum of 2 and try using related keywords will also help your cause. Search engines spiders are intelligent enough these days to separate words even though they are running together in the case of your domain name.
Not necessarily. A short domain name may be easy to remember if the word is not cryptic. For example: xstl.com would probably be harder to remember than extend.com. You need to remember that people must associate the name with something.
If you are building a name around your brand and have spent money in traditional advertising then it would be a good idea to try and get a domain name with your brand name. If people already know your brand through traditional sales and ads then why would you think they will try and search for an unrelated name to get to your website? If I have a sports shoe called "superfine" and it's become well known, then I would expect anyone going online to type "superfine" to find my shoes.
The main objective here is that you want to maintain as much relevance as possible. This obviously does not apply to those names that are named around a brand. In those instances you will want your web pages to have relevant content related to the terms people will be searching for to find your product and products like yours.
Does it match your company name or the brand of product you sell? Some believe that you need to try and keep your domain name and your company or brand name the same if you can. When you market or promote your product you are essentially killing two birds with one stone. It's always a good idea that the name you choose will be easy to spell and easy to repeat. The reason for this is because a lot of promotion of your website gets around by word of mouth and this in itself will build your brand. You certainly want to have your visitor remember your domain name in this instance.
One caveat though, make sure that you will not be infringing on anyone's trademarked name. If your product is not trademarked you may open yourself up to a lawsuit. The technical details of this can be quite daunting so consult a legal professional first.
A longer name like extendyourhome.com may also be easy to remember, if your site is about extending homes. The key here is not necessarily how long a name is but how well will people a) Associate it with you b) Remember it
Everyday a staggering number of domains, running in the several millions, are being registered. As a result it's getting harder to find a good dot com domain that has not been registered. You need to be well informed before choosing a domain name. I believe it's becoming common place to first get the domain name you want online then naming the company after the domain name. Since it's easier to get a traditional company name registered than a domain name, it makes sense to sometimes reverse the order of things.
I believe it boils down to one word. Descriptive. A domain name that best can describe the service that is being offered or product sold will have an advantage over one that does not.
Some things to remember about domain names:
The best alternative if you want a hyphened domain name is to get both the hyphened and non-hyphened name. (if you can.) This way you are able to market the one and send customers to the other. A word of caution here though: This could affect you in the search engines because it could be construed as a doorway page. Even though it may not be malicious or intended to spam the search engines. People have abused this by registering a bunch of domain names and redirecting the visitor to another page. Either way, whichever of those domain names they actually type into the browser, they'll end up at the same page. Be careful of duplicating or mirroring sites that refer to each other. This can get you penalized.
Is the name easy to pronounce and easy to spell and does it match your brand?
Most professional gambler's use a percentage money management system. These systems are based on extreme discipline and constant monitoring of one's bankroll. Only a predetermined percentage of the every changing bankroll is bet. Learn the game your play, learn the system you play and then learn discipline, then learn discipline, then learn discipline ..yeah it's that important. If you can't learn to control your emotions you will self destruct at the gambling table. If you can't control your impulses and emotion Bowling Ball Equipment That Can Raise Your Game_4307, don't waste your time with gambling. You're embarking on a great challenge. Like anything else worth doing, you must pay your dues. Then and only then can you become one of the few real winners! Enjoy!Prom occasions are always the topic of the season. We usually have at least one prom occasion, party, or night out to look forward to every month.
Go for the .com names first and get other extensions like .net and .us if you can too. Do your homework! Research is probably the single most important thing you can do for your website. Absorb as much info as you possibly can and you will be better equipped to make decisions that will benefit your web site.
What about hyphenated names?
So for example, the word hiking was the most searched for term in relation to shoes, you may want to structure your domain name around that term VANS Hats, and make sure that your website makes use of those phrases also. (providing of course, that you actually sold hiking shoes).
It is helpful to some extent to have a keyword in your domain name that reflects what you sell. For example. I sell sports shoes and shoes.com is, as you've probably guessed.. taken. If I chose a domain name I would probably want to find out what the most common search phrases are surrounding shoes. (There are web marketing tools out there that will help you with keywords and stats) Once I have those phrases I may decide to incorporate that into my name.
Is a shorter name better?
If you are trying to create branding or already have a strong following that are familiar with your brand then getting a name matching your company name or brand of product will be a great idea.(that is if you can get it). Strong branding is usually built over time and can be very expensive for the new business person just starting out, so you may want to consider targeting your domain naming to keyword or service specific terms.
You do not own it. Your domain name can expire if you are not careful to renew when your term is up and someone else may snatch it up, so hold onto it.
Should I use my brand name for the domain name?
There are several key factors you need to keep in mind when choosing your domain name. These days its becoming increasingly harder to match your domain name to your business name. Almost every English word in the dictionary has been taken in the dot com arena.
Life would be dull and joyless without weddings, birthdays, formal occasions, and friends' parties that take our thoughts away from everyday routine and create good mood for the rest of the month.But these events may be a source of our stress as well, when choosing the right dress or hairstyle to wear in order to look special and unique.So, if you want to look pretty on your friend's party or simply irresistible at your prom, there is a quick, effective and unique solution called Sedu prom hairstyles. With a great variety of sedu prom hairstyles you can be natural, chic, formal, or have a vintage style, and have a new perfect look everyday!Natural Sedu Hair Style If you have a lack of time, or prefer to be natural at any occasion, then this style is a perfect match for you. It involves simple dress of some fall-down fabric like chiffon, silk, or satin. The dress may also be made of the combination of these fabrics.
Make a list of domain names you would like to have first, then go and do a search for them at any domain registration site. Try and get as many variations of your domain as you can afford. I've already mentioned the hyphened example above.
A name by any other would smell as sweet? Not so in the internet world. A name is your identity online. Your domain name can literally make or break you, so choosing a good one is of paramount importance.
What about keywords in my domain name?

Sponsored Links