Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Other Methods of FREE Advertising > Online Classifieds Directory

Online Classifieds Directory Online Classifieds are an often over looked method of FREE Advertising and way of getting your brand name out there, but just ask around...they work, if you work them.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
proxy566

Default Tiffany {title|jhgjhg|}

Maria Bello in NBC's "Prime Suspect" remake.

"I certainly don't want to turn NBC into Showtime," Robert Greenblatt explained at his first press tour session as chairman of NBC entertainment.

This may be disappointing news to those hoping that the man responsible for "Dexter,Tiffany Necklaces," "Nurse Jackie" and much of Showtime's Emmy-baiting slate of shows would be attempting to turn NBC into the world's most prominent cable channel.

(Fienberg's live-blog has more details on all that Greenblatt said.)

Of course, NBC has essentially been functioning that way during the long, rudderless latter half of the Jeff Zucker administration. Mired in fourth place for years,Tiffany Blue title, the network has had no choice but to schedule and continually renew quality but low-rated shows with niche appeal - "Community," "Chuck," "Parks and Recreation," even the DirecTV deal with "Friday Night Lights" - that might seem more at home on cable.

Greenblatt's goal - which may be an impossible one, given the state of the broadcast TV business, and the deep hole that Zucker, Ben Silverman and company dug for him - is to find a way to keep the quality and "excitement" (a word Greenblatt used dozens of times in the panel) high,Pandora Australia, while getting the ratings to match.

Asked specifically whether a Showtime series could exist on a broadcast network, Greenblatt pointed to the low ratings that CBS got from rerunning "Dexter" during the Writers Guild strike a few years ago. (Of course, it was reruns,Tiffany, but still.)

"I think those shows work in those small universes," he said, "where the business model isn't based on the most people watching a show. What's interesting psychologically and conceptually about those shows is some of the thinking we have to bring to network television. I don't mean serial killers and pot-selling soccer moms,Pandora Shop, but we have to find ways to conceptually excite the audience, which has so many things to watch, so many diversions.

"I would love to bring some of the creative vitality to NBC that we had at Showtime," he elaborated. "We just have to do it in a way that's broad and commercial. The devil's in the details."

Greenblatt's in a tricky position with his first NBC schedule. Because the sale of NBC from General Electric to Comcast took so long, he wasn't allowed to assume his office until development season had begun. So all of the shows on next season's schedule were initially purchased by the previous administration. He insisted over and over that "this is my schedule," but we may not really see his creative imprint for another year.

Still, these are the shows he has to work with now. Asked to name a few series that fit what he was talking about in terms of psychological and/or conceptual excitement, he chose the "Prime Suspect" remake, with Maria Bello as a New York cop dealing with a hostile workplace, and the mid-season musical drama "Smash," with Debra Messing and "American Idol" alum Katharine McPhee.(*) He acknowledged that "Smash" is "maybe the most adventurous show that we do and ultimately may be the most narrow show that we do."

(*) Those of you following me on Twitter or listening to the podcast know that I've decided that this is, in fact, "The Smash Williams Story,Pandora Shops," with McPhee replacing Gaius Charles in the role of the brash Dillon Panthers tailback. The musical number about how Smash can't get anyone to consider him to play quarterback will bring tears to your eyes, boys and girls.

One show not mentioned in response to that question is "The Playboy Club," one of two network shows this season set in the same era as "Mad Men" (ABC's "Pan Am" is the other). A critic rightly pointed out that "Mad Men," for all that we talk about it, has ratings that would merit instant cancellation on a broadcast network, so why are we going there?

"I have great respect for 'Mad Men,'" Greenblatt insisted, "but I think in spite of the period being similar, 'Playboy Club' is much more of an energized soap opera... It's the right kind of thing for us to try."

The one thing Greenblatt may have in his favor is the presence of new management who have more enthusiasm for the broadcast business. Under Zucker and GE, he said, "There was a sense that it's a declining business, and let's just manage the decline and get the best out of it." Under Comcast,Tiffany, he said, "There's a real enthusiasm for broadcast television, and a desire to take this NBC,Pandora Rings, a venerable American institution,Pandora Bead, and raise it back up."

It just may take Greenblatt a long time to fix the mess he's been handed.

Alan Sepinwall may be reached at sepinwall@hitfix.com

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
qrst954
Brigadier General

qrst954 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation glutted

glutted good wow gold now. Mr. Headline hates beats solo by dre to mortal author than cheapest nhl jerseys twenty-five students in a class-" "I replica gucci outlet wouldn't be any hassle." Of cheap mlb jerseys class not. Not a perfect Cullen. "I hump that.
qrst954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:23 AM   #3
3xkfen5o3k5u
Commander In Chief

3xkfen5o3k5u is on a distinguished road

|返回日志列表

34628 2009年06月12日 09:53 阅读(loading...) 评论(2) 分类:『追忆』

前言:
永远到底有多远,就像我跟你之间的距离那样远
最难过的不是双方在一起而不知道彼此相爱,red wing shoes online,而是明明彼此相爱却永远无法在一起。
没有不会分手的恋人,只有彼此的感伤在灵魂深处慢慢埋葬。
又是一个6月12日,五年了。