Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Post Your Free Ads Here in English for Advertising .Adult and gambling websites NOT accepted. > Members' Forums & Blogs

Members' Forums & Blogs Invite Post links to your forums and blogs in here.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
aminylsz1c

Thumbs up Tutorial ~ Turn A Long Sleeve Shirt Into A Short Sleeve

My poor little guy has been wearing the same shirt to church for weeks now (white polo).Â* Last week he finally put his foot down and wanted to wear his favorite shirt.Â* I tried to convince him that long sleeves generally <a href="http://www.belstaffonline.co.uk/belstaff-hero-jacket-man-in-medium-taupe-p-14251.html"><strong>belstaff motorcycle jackets</strong></a> do not go along with a 110 ° heat index, but he didn’t care.Â* So I decided before this weekend hit, I had better turn some of his long sleeve shirts into short sleeves.Â* It worked out great because he has not yet outgrown his shirts from last winter, but they might get a little too small come this winter.Â* It seems they always outgrow them in the sleeve first anyway . I will share the easiest one first, but don’t throw away the scraps (heaven forbid ), we’re going to be using them next week to make this shirt.Â* Catch me after the jump for the how-to! Tutorial ~ How Turn A Long Sleeve Shirt Into A Short Sleeve These are the shirts I had to work with.Â* Today’s project involves the farthest shirt on the left, his favorite.Â* The denim shirt I decided to just leave alone, because it looks like it will <a href="http://www.belstaffonline.co.uk/belstaff-panther-jacket-in-bole-p-14238.html"><strong>belstaff panther jacket</strong></a> fit him this winter.Â* So round up a shirt or two, your sewing machine, and we’ll get started! If you have a short sleeve you can use as a guide, just lay it over the long sleeve as shown.Â* If not, no worries; this is easy enough. Cut off the sleeves at the same angle as the guide, and leave enough to hem the sleeves.Â* If you don’t have a guide, just eye ball it . You can see in this photo that I left about 1½ inches on the sleeve length for hemming.Â* Don’t throw away those cuffs!Â* You might need them for the other shirt we’ll tackle next week . Now turn the sleeve under ¾ inch and then again ¾ inch, leave the shirt right side out. Press the sleeve with a hot iron to set. Take the sleeve off your machine, and slide the edge of the sleeve to the 6/8 seam guide.Â* This should have the stitches right where you need them, but make sure that your needle is over the cuff.Â* The reason we are sewing on the right side, is you just get a nicer looking stitch.Â* Set your stitch length a little longer and then sew around the sleeve.Â* I found I liked to start on the top of the sleeve, rather than on the underside at the seam. Now slide the edge of the sleeve to line up with the 5/8 inch seam guide on your machine and sew a second time around the cuff. You should have two rows of stitches looking like this. Then you have a nice and professional looking finish .Â* I like to press my stitches with steam afterward, just to set them. The only place that was tricky for me was right at the seam on the underside. I had to work the fabric a little to keep it straight through the machine.Â* Just take it slow through that point, smooth out the sleeve as you go and it will turn out great! ReallyÂ* I can’t believe I haven’t done this before!Â* It was so easy.Â* I have been working on some projects that require math and such, so it was nice to work on a simple and satisfying project for a bit.Â* I worked my way through three shirts, and so now he even has a nice set for back-to-preschool.Â* <a href="http://www.belstaffonline.co.uk/"><strong>belstaff online</strong></a> He pretty much only wore them to church, so they look brand new . Next week I will have this shirt for you, it was a fun one!Â* And easy peasy because you use the existing button holes. So keep the scraps from this shirt and your little guy can have a rolled cuff argyle shirt to sport around. You can find the rest of the boy tutorials here! This is the skirt pattern I have been working on, and I am in love with it.Â* It has a wide waistband that ties, and then hidden gatheredÂ* panels to add a little fun.Â* I have started on the second one and decided to add a bit more gather <a href="http://436100.info/view.php?id=96793"><strong>Wear Designer Clothing and be the center of attraction | Chroses ...</strong></a> underneath.Â* I was originally wanting a side tie, but I arranged the waistband as such that the skirt looks better tied on the front.Â* So I am looking for a little feedback, side tie, or front tie?Â* The bow will be slightly smaller too, though I have to say the big one is growing on me .Â* Also, how big should I go with the pattern?Â* I was thinking to a 6T, thoughts? Happy Friday friends, I will be back later with a weekend send off! ~Destri Tagged as: boys

Sponsored Links