Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Other Methods of FREE Advertising > FFA's and FFA Blasters Directory

FFA's and FFA Blasters Directory FFA's are being used by internet marketers everyday. They are great for adding one or two more sign-ups per week to your free to join programs, and they only take minutes to use.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
1v4c4v5n0s

Default What Cole Hamels Really Meant

Now whether or not he pitches a game 7. Let the Phils get there first. They have to prove the merit playing one.
— Trish 3. November 3, 2009 5:55 pm
Link
An issue I’ve had with pitcher management in several of the past P losses, is that pictchers are being kep in too long and the pen is not warmed up early enough. If they do start Hamel in game 7, they need to take him out at the first sign of trouble (walk + hit) or ((walk + walk) etc. They can not afford to delay the inevitable.

As Big Dan Brouthers advised, let’s keep our eye on the ball. Hamels is presently ineffective,Seattle Mariners Hats, and psychologically unfit for duty. The issue at hand is what Pedro can do tonight, and whether anybody on the Phils’ pitching staff (to hell with the bullpen) can preserve whatever he’s able to build, and get this thing to a seventh game. The Phils owe Pedro a win, that’s for sure. Game Seven of the World Series. That’s the Land of Glory.
Your Name Required
“You can be a Yankee fan and a fan of baseball; but if you are a Philly fan, that’s all you can be.”
-->
Thanks for the clarification. I really thought perhaps there was a different mindset than had been represented by the sensationalists in sports media. Everyone seems to be bucking for a slap story. I doubt those who did hear or read the initial reporting on Cole’s comments every understood, this is a very young man who has seen success, probably beyond his imagination at his age and follow up with the reality check life always has a way of providing one. I don’t think anyone has gone through life without hoping that a nightmare in their life passes quickly and with some finality. That’s where Cole is. And his heart is focused on redeeming himself after the brutality of the forgetful, yet sensationalism idealists. Leave the guy alone, he’s going through what has been termed as ‘growing pains’ that reality check I spoke of earlier.
I don’t care how you spin it… People with competitive fire in their bellies never even think in those terms. They never think of it being over. If I were the GM, I’d have him on the trading block ASAP. Lidge is another guy with the same kind of problem. He really wants to go be a minister or something. He should do that now that he’s got enough money.
I don’t care what he meant. Statements like that make him sound scared. So not only has he been pitching terribly lately, the Yankees are in his head. I hope he starts game 7 if there is one.
How many people forgot he sat on the bench for 25 min during the bottom of the 4th inning? He was in a zone the first 4 innings and it was well proved by his perfection in those innings. He fell out of the zone in the 5th as a result of sitting too long. His youth and most likely frustration with this season took its toll on him as he walked Teixeira on a borderline pitch. Remember he pitched an awful lot of innings last year. And falling into a ‘dead’ arm period is not uncommon. Chooch or Dubee should have come to the mound to make sure he got back in the zone. Unfortunately he threw virtually the same pitch Fuentes (Angels) threw Arod in the bottom of the 11th which he hit for a HR to right field as well. The kind of frustration I’ve seen in many pitchers…Lackey (Angels) is classic. In 2003 he allowed his frustration to get the better of him and it led to big innings for the opposing team. Lackey did get out of it and so will Cole. It’s nothing more than the maturation process. Cole has some great potential backed up by great ’stuff’. He just needs to get his emotions under control and he will be fine.
Now, PLAY BALL !!
As a Phillies fan I hope Hamels starts game 7. And then they pull him after three innings. In the playoffs he has been great for a few innings and then lost it. Put him in for three and then pull him for JA Happ.
Draw your own conclusions on Hamels. My take is that he answered a question honestly,Cheap Colorado Rockies Hats, and probably took it too literally. But any Phillies fan who doubts Hamels’s heart should remember that he threw 262 1/3 innings last season, including six in deplorable slop in the World Series clincher, at age 24.
E-mail This Print Share
Close Linkedin
Digg
Facebook
Mixx
My Space
Permalink Brett Myers, Cole Hamels, phillies, World Series, Yankees Related Posts From Bats Owning Up: Baseball Writers Revisit Preseason PredictionsWill the Phillies Change Their Lineup?For the Phillies, Charted GroundQuestions Lacking in the Postgame Q. and A.World Series Game 5 Final: Phillies 8,cheap Washington Nationals Hats, Yankees 6 Previous Post
Making a Yankees Fan: It Was All About Location Next Post
Rivera in Familiar Postseason Position 22 Comments 1. November 3, 2009 5:46 pm
Link
Comparing this year to last, Cole Hamels has struck out more batters, walked fewer, allowed the same proportion of HR/FB, and given up the same proportion of GB/LD/FB. The difference? Last year he had an abnormally low batting average on balls in play (.270), this year he had an abnormally high BABIP (.325). The take away? Cole Hamels has been the exact same pitcher in 09 as 08, but he has suffered from some bad luck–balls finding holes, ect.
— JR 9. November 4, 2009 9:36 am
Link
“I don’t want to pitch to that lineup ever again.”
— Ben 6. November 3, 2009 11:03 pm
Link
— Davidceisen 21. November 4, 2009 6:08 pm
Link
You can have Manny and both the McCourts!
XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
The arrogance to say such a thing, Mr. Damien, says more about what it apparently means to be a Yankee “fan” than I care to say.
— Rob A from BBD 14. November 4, 2009 1:00 pm
Link
— Tracy Add your comments...
— Karl P. 18. November 4, 2009 2:19 pm
Link
What did Hamels really mean to say?
Bottom line for me: You can be a Yankee fan and a fan of baseball; but if you are a Philly fan, that’s all you can be.
Your E-mail Required, will not be published
It has become another knock on Cole Hamels, the Phillies’ beleaguered left-hander who won the World Series most valuable player award last fall and has struggled this postseason. After Game 3, Hamels said, “I can’t wait for it to end. It’s been mentally draining.” And all sorts of people – including, perhaps, his teammate Brett Myers – have interpreted that as Hamels quitting on the season.
I’m a Phillies fan, AND I’m even more importantly a fan of baseball. Therefore, you’re wrong.
— Brandon 10. November 4, 2009 9:50 am
Link
<!--
He has not been the same this season, certainly not this October, and he wants a fresh start but would welcome the chance to redeem it all in Game 7. Is that worth all the fuss?
Cole Hamels is a southern Californian. He has a whiny voice. He owns a toy poodle. Nobody cared last year when he helped the Phils win the Series. Now he is the object of their scorn because he’s had a bad season and can’t articulate his shame to their liking.
— Jack 4. November 3, 2009 6:40 pm
Link
Yeah, Brett Meyers, he of the numerous domestic violence accusations, is the guy to speak out about a quote taken out of context. Way to go, buddy.
Thank you! I hate the way everybody piles on without ever getting the facts straight.
will not stand without refutation.
Pitching in the major leagues is one of the most difficult tasks in all sports…..evn more difficult when facing the best hitters, like now in the Yankees in the Series. I’m pointing out that a pitcher has to throw the ball 60′ 6″ with just the right curve and speed and be correct within an inch or two every time…otherwise, it’s a ball not a strike….and the next pitch better be just right. The performance of Lee in the first game, 10K with no walks, shows how rare this type of control is. The fact that Hamels did this successfully last year,baseball cap, but not this year, shows how elusive this level of play can be. It’s not surprising that Hamels would be frustrated with his own play this year….try as he does,Dorm 101 Must-Haves for Dorm Room Organization – College F, he just does not have the control he had before. As Spenser Tracy said in the sports movie Pat and Mike, “Even atheletes don’t know how they do what they do.” Maybe stamina is an issue. But fans who turn on last years hero with vindiction are wrong, and make it all the more difficult for the athelete to succeed. Maybe also a little practice in dealing with the press, see Crash in Bull Durham, would help. This story is more about what the media have made of it than anything else.
Tracy,Los Angeles Angels Hats, if you’re the GM of the Phillies, I’ll take Hamels in a heartbeat. And Lidge too.
Please, let’s spare the outrage and understand the context. I was standing three feet from Hamels when he made that comment. Here’s what happened. Hamels was asked a hypothetical question, to give his state of mind if, in fact,New Era MLB Hats, there is no Game 7 on Thursday and he has pitched his final game of the season.
Of course, these are the same people who nevere cared for Mike Schmidt either. It’s no wonder Philly sports fans are almost universally reviled.
Ah, the daze of Yellow Journalism, alive and kicking,Cheap Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, and so intoxicating!
“I can’t wait for it to end. It’s been mentally draining. But it’s one of those things, when a year ends, you just can’t wait for a fresh start. We have 30 teams right now that are waiting for that next season, that are going to work as hard as they possibly can in the off-season to make things better and go into the season with a positive mindset and get to the World Series. That’s when Game 7 can definitely put it into a better perspective, but it’s one of those things where you just want to work as hard as you possibly can and try to get to the next start. Anytime you get to start over, it makes things a little bit easier.”
— Garrett Hongo 8. November 4, 2009 8:07 am
Link
Have to agree with JR. Hamels’ subconscious seems to have gotten the better of him with that quote. This season has to be wearing on him after everything went so right the prior one. But to call him a choke artist or quitter demonstrates both a short memory and complete lack of understanding of what it takes to compete at his level. He’s drained and it would be best for the Phils not to rely on him too long in Game 7, should it ever come to that.
— michaelmoyeberl 19. November 4, 2009 3:46 pm
Link
— Leigh 11. November 4, 2009 10:40 am
Link
“Yeah,” he said. “I wish that would have kept going. That went pretty well.”
As a “universally reviled” Phanatic, this is a non-story, the kind that so often appears in a New York paper.
— Chris 2. November 3, 2009 5:51 pm
Link
To me this is a non-issue. Hamels was honest in a way that players are encouraged not to be most of the time. Whether he had a momentary crisis of confidence or not, he’s a tough competitor, and should Manuel choose to use him again in the World Series, I’m sure he will be focused on his task and give it his all.
I’m a proud Philadelphian, but I wish to God our sports fans didn’t bash everybody who doesn’t play the “regular guy,” “blue collar” shtik to their liking.
That said, this phan hopes Charlie starts Happ in game 7, provided we get that far.
As a former New Yorker and life time Yankee fan living in Philly,Cheap Boston Red Sox Hats, this series has been a lot of fun for me and has reinforced, in my own mind, why I’m still a Yankee fan. To put it as diplomatically as possible, I wouldn’t want to be associated with certain Philly fans. It’s sad, because I know a lot of folks here that are normal, fine people that love the Phillies. However, those types are typically shouted down by the loudmouths who, for better or worse, typify Philly fans. For some reason,cheap Brand Hats, some Phillies fans think that a rabid, dogmatic embrace of their team and hatred of all others gives them some form of authenticity as a fan. It’s completely absurd. I feel the need to constantly remind my young son that hate has nothing to do with baseball and that all the guys on the field, no mater what uniform they wear, are really, really good at what they do. I absolutely love the Yanks, but I’d have to be either an idiot or a liar to say anything negative about the gem Lee pitched in game one or the crazy numbers Utley is putting up.
Dodger fan
Sorry, but Mr. Damien’s comment:
— Tracy 7. November 4, 2009 12:26 am
Link
In any case, Hamels has clarified his comments,Cheap NBA Hats, and the Phillies will focus on Game 6 against the Yankees on Wednesday.
I agree with Damien. I am a New Yorker as well who now lives in Philadelphia. I love the city of Philadelphia but the Yankees are my team forever. But I respect the Phillies for all their great players.,and I say that to all my colleagues who are Philly fans. All they do though,is put the Yankees down.
I love how talented the Yankees are but I also recognize the talent of other teams including the Phillies. I hope the Yankees win and if they don’t I will have a broken heart (for a littlle while) but if they win I’ll know how my Philly comrads feel and I won’t gloat…
Go Yankees!!!!!
Hamels understood the premise, and here is how he responded:
— harry 12. November 4, 2009 11:27 am
Link
He’ a choke artist .
— John 13. November 4, 2009 12:15 pm
Link
— Damien 15. November 4, 2009 1:16 pm
Link
Search This Blog
I like both teams….have been rooting for both since I was a kid. Yes….from Bunning’s perfect game and Allen’s selection as Rookie of the Year and Mantle’s 9th inning heroics in Game 3 against Barney Schultz (Cards) as well as the back-to-back-to-back HRs by O’Neill,Wholesale Tampa Bay Rays Hats, Bernie and Jorge and Howards selection as Rookie to HR crown, and admiring the baseball mind body and spirit of both DJ and Chase. Yes I like both teams, so I’m thrilled with having a 7-game series. Either way I’ll be choked up and happy at the same time. It’s always better than the what ifs.
Sorry to vent, but Hamilton’s post really bugged me. The idea that Hamels’ quote is a non-issue that is somehow being taken out of context by New York papers is disingenuous and, to me, yet another example of why I don’t want to be a Philly fan. While I agree with Hamilton that this comment should be a non-issue, all you have to do to see that it isn’t is to look at any of a number of articles published by today’s Philadelphia papers. Moreover,Wholesale Milwaukee Brewers Hats, this article, in a New York paper, is far more charitable to Hamels than most of those published by Philly papers.
— eww 20. November 4,San Diego Padres Hats, 2009 3:57 pm
Link
But, came the follow-up question, last year, you didn’t want a fresh start, right? Hamels smiled and laughed.
— Hamilton 5. November 3,NBA Hats, 2009 10:36 pm
Link
Thanks for clarifying this in a NY publication. He’s been given a lot of slack for a comment I think was intentionally misrepresented by the press.
Your Comment
Comments are ################## and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive. For more information, please see our Comments FAQ.
— John 16. November 4, 2009 1:51 pm
Link
— Debra O’Connor 22. November 4, 2009 6:52 pm
Link
— Joe White 17. November 4, 2009 1:55 pm
Link
Hamels is playing for a team. He is a pitcher/leader of his team. Nobody needs to know what he meant by his words. What Hamels needed to know (before he opened up his me-first mouth) is how his words would impact his team and the fans of the Phillies. Obviously Hamels, being a victim of his own difficult season, was far more important to Hamels than his team, the fans of the Phillies and the World Series…..great team player!
Whatever Hamels said in the interview, his actions speak louder. He totally lost confindence in himself on the mound Saturday night and made mental mistakes. For example,cheap Minnesota Twins Hats, he threw a curve ball to Andy Pettitte, who hit a single and scored. When asked, Hamels said he thought Pettitte would bunt. However, with one out, such a move made no sense.
I don’t think Hamels “quit,” but I do think that certainly mentally, if not physically , he has run out of steam.
Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links