Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Other Methods of FREE Advertising > Auto Surf Traffic Exchanges

Auto Surf Traffic Exchanges This is a list of Auto Surf sites where you can get your site viewed by thousands of people a day. These are not Paid-to-Surf sites, those are listed in the classified's section. These are for traffic building only.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
gzpopunioni

Default oakley sunglasses outlet Why I don't get SEO Boagw

My recommendation to clients is that we build their websites to be accessible to search engines but tailored towards users not search engines.
Instead, I would invest in making your site better for users and encouraging them to recommend it through social networks and linking. This puts the weight of personal recommendation behind your site and we all know that word of mouth is the most effective form of advertising.

I have worked with a number of SEO companies over the years (at the request of our clients) and it has always ended up damaging the user experience.
Website owners seem obsessed with being 'number one' on Google. However, it is not a particularly effective method of marketing.
Instead of spending money on SEO, spend it on producing better content that provides Google's users with more value.

Conclusions

Also unlike pay-per-click (PPC) advertising there are no guarantees. There are SEO companies who guarantee you the top spot, but they are lying. You pay your SEO company in the hope they can improve your placement, but a good SEO company will not commit to how much.

SEO may increase the level of traffic to your site. However, it often undermines the conversion rate.

I like to think of myself as an intelligent guy. I have worked on the web since 1994 and like to stay informed. However, over that time I have never understood website owners' obsession with SEO.

You're manipulating the system

My second concern is that essentially SEO is about playing the system. Google exists to connect its users with the information they require. They have a sophisticated algorithm to do that. It is also an algorithm that is getting better all of the time.
Below are five reasons why I have my doubts. My hope is that people can convince me I am wrong in the comments. We shall see. A continual investment with no guarantees
The thing with SEO is that it is not a one-off cost like many believe. It is not just a matter of getting to be number one for your chosen keywords, its about staying there too. This involves an ongoing investment.

A podcast for those who design,oakley sunglasses on sale Search Engine Optimisation SEO Search Engine Optimizat, develop and run websites.

Image Source
Or view all shows
It is a bit like buying a newspaper ad, but being given no guarantee as to what page it will appear on or how big the ad will be.
Follow me on Twitter Skype 'boagworld' Contact the show Call +44 20 8123 2042 or join us in the forum
Image Source
For example,cheap oakley sunglass Houston Seo Free Mp3 Download, SEO often leads to an excessive amount of copy, changes to the code order (that creates problems for screen readers) and keyword heavy navigation (which reduces scanability).

Posts by tag Accessibility Boagworld Bites Classic shows Design Marketing News Random Reviews Site content Talks Tech / Development Usability Web strategy
It can damage the user experience

The problem is that the algorithm is unknown to anybody other than Google and it changes all of the time.

Season Episodes Live 'end of season one' show
To mark the end of season one of the Boagworld Show we recorded a live special from SXSW in Austin Texas.
When driving traffic, think quality as well as quantity.
(S01: E06) As website owners how do we drive high quality traffic to our websites that will generate the return on investment we need?
Are you refining or rotting?
(S01: E05) Too many websites are just left to rot. If you want your website to generate a return on investment you need to continually refine it.
Calls to Action help users
(S01: E04) Everybody seems to go on about calls to action. They offer obvious benefits to your business, but what about your users?
Becoming user focused
(S01: E03) Although business objectives should be your sites number one goal, ignoring users would be a mistake. Happy users are a prerequisite of a successful website.

To me it seems more sensible to work with Google's known goal - to provide great content to its users,discount oakley sunglasses OnTop SEO Company - Search Engine Optimization Servic, rather than trying to manipulate a system we do not fully understand.
Boagworld is the blog of web strategist Paul Boag who lives in the heart of rural Dorset (hence the cows). He produces a weekly podcast with UX consultant Marcus Lillington on building and running websites. They also run the web design agency Headscape.
At least with PPC you know how much you will pay and what you get in return.
When compared to social media or other forms of advertising, investing in SEO seems very passive.
It carries no weight
Become a part of the Boagworld community ...
Have your say

I don't get why people invest in SEO. I am not trying to start an argument. I just want to explain my doubts so somebody can correct me.
SEO on the other hand is about creating as much exposure for your website as possible. They do this by guessing what the Google algorithm does and using that in your site's favour.

It is a passive form of marketing It is not just SEO I have a problem with, it is the emphasis on search engines.

I am not saying that SEO does not work. I am saying that it is not worth the cost. That cost is not just in terms of money spent on SEO. It is also in user experience.
I believe investing in your users brings a substantially better return. It increases conversion,oakley sunglasses outlet, encourages word of mouth recommendation and ultimately improves your ranking through links back to your site.

or view all posts | rss of all posts

Let me say it one more time - I am not questioning whether SEO works. However, it is my belief there are better ways of spending your money.
The question is - am I wrong in that advice, and if so why? Enlighten me in the comments.
Search engines are passive because they require the searcher to have a pre-existing need for your product or service. On one hand this makes search more targeted because it only reaches people who are interested in your product. On the other, it does not allow you as a marketeer to create a need or raise the profile of a new brand or product.
Many organisations invest vast sums of money in SEO companies that promise to improve their rankings. Although SEO can make a difference, I am far from convinced it is the best way to spend your marketing budget.

Image Source

My final problem with SEO is that it lacks the weight of personal recommendation. By focusing on SEO you are merely shaping your site to cater for an algorithm. You are not making your website appeal to people.

Sponsored Links