Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Post Your Free Ads Here in English for Advertising .Adult and gambling websites NOT accepted. > Other

Other Post anything that does not fit in the above categories here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
recoverl
Private First Class

recoverl is on a distinguished road
Default San Francisco Giants What's in a Lady's Handbag-_1

"I'll bet you're hungry," she says, feeling the kitten's ribs poking through its caramel and ivory coat.Suddenly a low growl escalates behind Savannah as Thoth, her Maine Coon, discovers the reason for the open door and chilly breeze swimming throughout the living room. Before she can stop him, Thoth lurches for the kitten, which scurries like a white mouse beneath Savannah's robe and into the house.Hearing the howling San Francisco Giants, Horus bounds down the stairs and helps Thoth corner the hissing kitten under the kitchen table Max 90 For Women, while Savannah slams the door and rushes over."Move back, boys," she says to Thoth and Horus, gently pulling the cats aside so she might crawl under the table to rescue the shivering kitten. "Let's clean you up a bit," she says to the kitten, as it tries to hide in her arms.
Yes, it's definitely true, my aunt would never believe the changes to ladies handbags in the last sixty years!
Monday morning, and Savannah Monroe opens the front door to dash out on the porch, grab the newspaper, and duck back into the house before brisk air saturates her robe. Instead she finds a calico kitten rolling with the paper, tackling it as if it were a football, gnawing the rubber band."Hi, Sweetie," Savannah says, slowly kneeling, forgetting the icy breeze. "Who do you belong to?"The kitten jumps to its feet, meows loudly, and runs to Savannah, flopping across her slippers. As she strokes its matted fur, she estimates the kitten to be six weeks old, part of a feral colony living in the overgrown lot down the street.
Fast forward almost sixty years - and the contents of my handbag are completely different to that which she described. I've got a wallet which contains some £20 notes (that would frighten her to death because she only needed to carry loose change, say a half crown.). I also carry credit cards Popular Tiffany&co, bank operators cards - she wouldn't find this too difficult as she had a good memory for pin numbers, etc. I have some paper tissues instead of the starched and ironed handkerchief. Sometimes I even have a comb. I definitely never have any of the necessities to keep modesty secure by carrying spare suspenders.
It doesn't seem that long ago that I was sitting by my aunt's side, listening to her tell of an article (ok, the only article!) she had published in "The Lady" magazine. Every now and again she would sit and write - and send material off to be reviewed by an editor, in the hope of getting some work published. She would just have loved the freedom of the internet.
I carry business cards and a mobile phone. .... Well, I suspect my aunt would be inspired by the technology and enjoy using a mobile phone. She never carried cards (or at least when I knew her). She belonged to an era where young ladies called on one another, didn't work .... no, I mean, didn't do paid work. A more gentile era. So, I suspect she probably did carry cards to leave behind when friends were away from home when she called, although in truth, I never heard her talk about this.
Some other differences include the type of handbag she would have carried. Handbags were very formal affairs, created in the finest leathers, kid-lined, with matching accessories. Still available, of course. However, when I go out carrying my latest Vera Bradley handbag, that would give her some momentary pangs - because they are fun accessories, rather than the investment dressing style which she enjoyed.
I don't know what it was that inspired her to write about the contents of a lady's handbag. Heck, I don't even know where she found the handbag, as she never used one. What I do know, though, is that she catalogued the fresh, clean handkerchief, the brush and comb, the coin purse, the hairgrip - and the spare fastener for the suspender belt ..... remember, this was back in the fifties where the modern miss wore spencers, suspenders, stockings - and bloomers. And no, I don't think the handbag contained knicker elastic or thread.
recoverl is offline   Reply With Quote