Quick Search

Tibetan singing bowl music,sound healing, remove negative energy.

528hz solfreggio music -  Attract Wealth and Abundance, Manifest Money and Increase Luck

Your forum announcement here!

Free Advertising Forums | Free Advertising Board | Post Free Ads Forum | Free Advertising Forums Directory | Best Free Advertising Methods | Advertising Forums > Free Advertising Forums Directory > Miscellaneous Forums

Miscellaneous Forums This is a list of any forum that has a free advertising section but doesnt fit into the categories above.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:15 AM   #1
wokyxhni16

Default Office 2007 Pro Plus Key blog recruiter-cold-calls

To everyone who took my survey final week … thank you! It was not scientific by any means, but it did allow my team to better feel the pulse of our customers, and it will be the launching pad for more formal work.

Below, I’ve summarized the results and included sample comments. I don’t have a solution for all of these findings. I gotta tell you … it’s going to be tough. How do you combine volume recruiting with “warm fuzzies,” as someone said below? The answer is not simple and my team does have a challenge of it, but we are committed to solving this issue.

Thanks again to every person who contributed!!

gretchen

1. Which of following best describes you?

I’m currently looking for a new job 29%
I’m not looking, but, hey,Office 2007, you never know. 52%
I’m quite happy where I am now. 12%
I already work at Microsoft. 3%

2. What type of "cold-call" recruiting email would grab your attention and interest? What type of content would it contain?

About 1/3 of you said you’d prefer an email that was short and simple yet still personal. The email could be a broad introduction to a variety of available opportunities at the company or highlight a few specific roles.

A short, simple email with just the basic facts indicating interest in beginning a conversation

Just about any email from a recruiter would grab my attention, since I never get any such e-mails (not very common here in Norway).

Information about the job and *lighthearted* verbiage - something to the effect of "I understand that might very well be happy in your current position,Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010, but we have this great opportunity available that we thought you might want to take a look at" Not too pushy - but direct

About 2/3 of you said the email would need to very targeted. The sender would have to show they know exactly who you are (reference a resume or profile) and provide details about a specific job (description, compensation, location.) It would also help if the sender could reference someone you know who may have referred you.

Details, details and more details. Describe the company, describe the position(s) and why do you think I am a good match. Convince me that you've actually gone through my profile.

An email describing a specific job that the recruiter thinks I might be a fit for, and why the recruiter thinks I fit, or, even if there isn't one job that the recruiter is trying to fill, I want to know why *I* was sent an email, so that I don't dismiss it as spam for which I'm one recipient out of a thousand. It would also need to be specific about the fact that the recruiter is a corporate recruiter, and not a third-party people-mill head-hunter.

Something that contained tangible position details for which you thought I would be a good fit, even if just some examples. A mention of expected salary and other benefits (e.g. relocation package) would also be good.

A small percentage of you said you would totally ignore it.

I would probably ignore any email because I would figure its a joke, or spam.

3. What type of "cold-call" recruiting voicemail would grab your attention and interest? What type of content would it contain?

Responses were similar to above question about emails, although more of you said you would not respond to a voicemail. It also seems that most people are also more tolerant of a short and simple voicemail (probably because the sender has the ability to include richer details in an email than voicemail), but a similar percentage of you would expect specific job details once you returned the call.

Any voicemail that has the words, "I will follow up with you in an hour.." - or any other period of time. YOU chase ME. Don't waste my time by chasing you. After all, YOU called ME!

Something that does not sound like a sales call. Having a "recorded" sounded spiel just puts the voicemail into the delete now group.

"Hello, Mr.MyName! We have some new vacancies and hopes that one of them could be choose by you. Call me pls. 555-987-654. Gretchen. Thanks"

I think a cold-call phonecall is almost overzealous. But, I hate long voicemails, so something like: "Hi this is Gretchen; I'm a recruiter for Microsoft. I was wondering if you'd like to talk at all, my number is..."

Brief, friendly, to the point, type of position/opportunities

A vm that knows a little about me--that is, don't call me for a developer position when I am a system administrator. It would contain specifics about a position, an offer to discuss it further,Office 2010 Key, an email address where I could contact you so I don't have to find a private phone to talk to you.

I would NOT like getting a cold-call phone call, though voice mail would be OK (same answer as email). I would not have the time, nor would I feel comfortable taking an unscreened cold call (and answering honestly). So if you're going to call, ensure that it won't be directly answered (call in middle of night, etc.)

Should contain a basic description of possible openings that you might match. Should state that you're calling on the behalf of Microsoft as early as possible. Sound actually interested in getting in touch with you, and offer that you can email OR call back, because some people just won't call you back because they hate using the phone, but are on their computers all day so they'd be more likely to reply via email.

4. How would you describe a "bad" cold-call recruiting email?

Consistently, you said a bad cold call would be generic, salesy,Office 2007 Pro Plus Key, and vague.

One that gives too little information and that doesn't state how and why the recruiter got hold of my e-mail address and how I can stop them from sending me "spam" in future.

An email that had bad formatting, was not even close to my skill set and gave no information about the team or company.

One that oversold Microsoft (obviously everyone knows who you are).

If it went to my WORK email. Which is possible,Microsoft Office Standard 2007, because I put my work email on papers that I submit to conferences because my company pays for my time to write the papers, they deserve the recognition

5. How would you describe a "bad" cold-call recruiting voicemail?

You said a bad voicemail is similar to a bad email … and the tone of the caller’s voice tells a lot about the company. (Again, can’t be generic, salesy, or vague.)

A phone call which does not tell me much about the job position and just asks me to call back at the given phone number

If they haven't read my resume, don't call. They must have some legitimate interest and a specific position/job in mind. Hate it when they call and say something is coming soon, but we can't tell you any details, send your updated resume...

A sales pitch that makes me wonder if I'm going to be sold something. Not knowing what to expect when the call is returned.

6. Which would you rather receive: a "cold-call" e-mail or a "cold-call" voicemail?

E-mail 60%
Voicemail 20%
Either - doesn't matter 20%
Neither - if I don't apply, don't contact me 0%

7. How much of a difference would it make if the recruiter calling you or e-mailing you represented Microsoft but did not work directly for Microsoft? (3rd party recruiter vs. in-house recruiter)

Talking to a MS recruiter is key. 43%
It's not ideal, but I'd still consider the job 41%
As long as the job is the same, who cares? 16%

8. How would you respond if a recruiter contacted you to learn more about your experience and interests (to best see how your background best maps to several openings across the company) instead of contacting you about one specific opening?

Interestingly, this question was received more positively than I expected. (Given all the talk about specific job details, compensation, etc above, I thought an open dialogue would not be well-received.) A majority of you said this would be a great approach … but you’d also expect the recruiter to take this information and present a job back to you.

Sounds like the are fishing... if they are not serious, don't waste my time (or theirs)

Not sure, I think you need to be open and honest to me. Ok you may not have a single job but you need to be able to talk specifics about some jobs otherwise you are just wasting my time.

Bingo! Now we're talking. Recruiters are typically only interested in finding someone with the right buzzwords on their resume. Show as much interest in my career as I do and you're getting somewhere.

Actually, despite what I said above, that would be great - particularly if this info was hard for you to obtain. If it showed interest in the potential candidate, and admitted not knowing everything, that would be far preferable to something generic and vague which did not attempt to learn something about the potential candidate.

9. What type of follow-up would you expect from the recruiter who contacted you?

You said the most important element here is that the recruiter sets expectations with you and follows through on those expectations … but if you could choose the expectation, it would be a definitive follow-up. You would not want to receive the standard, “If your skills and qualifications match available opportunities, a member of Microsoft Staffing will contact you directly to speak with you further about opportunities.” The feeling is if you are specially picked by a recruiter for candidacy at Microsoft (and did not apply) you deserve a yes or no answer.

I want to be able to track my status like a fedex package: found position X, talked with manager, not a fit, found position Y, talked with manager, is considering, expecting interview/no interview decision by this thursday.

Phone call or a letter. If I took the time to talk to you over the phone (or return your phone call), then I think its a courtesy to either phone back or write a letter.

Honest feedback in a timely manner. (Unlike my final experience with a Microsoft recruiter who cold-called me...)

I would expect prompt notification of any events that happened with regard to actual positions, especially including a rejection. I wouldn't want to be left with false hope. I also would like reasons for any rejection, with perhaps follow-up advice on which lack of skills, etc., were letting me down (assuming I had expressed a fair amount interest in a job at MS during the cold-call)

At least an email. It can be as simple as, "we've shown your resume/application to two departments. It may be 3 to 4 weeks before they are ready to do any interviews." I don't mind waiting, but if I don't hear anything then I may take another position in the meantime.

Personal attention as if I were the only individual in the world he or she were recruiting for. This is the magic bullet in the industry. Jobs have become so commoditized with the internet and automation that recruiters forget that us gheeks knows this. We designed the systems and work with them everyday. Our lives are a paradox - we work with technology each and every day, yet that is not what we need. What we need is to feel a sense of personal connection - to ourselves, our families, our jobs and our lives. Find me a job that can do all that and I can tolerate the method of getting me there. The follow up process should approach things like a car salesman's goal. When you buy a car, or take a new job, what you are REALLY wanting to experience is a nice warm fuzzy that you made the right choice. People like to be reminded they made the right choice. They want that fuzzy. So give it to them. You are not in the business to "sell jobs". You are in the business of selling a "FEELING". Sell the feeling not the job and try to make the candidate picture themselves in the job. Expect and ask lots of questions. Have an open dialogue. Remember - even if the candidate is "happy" where they are, statistics and numbers don't lie. In 2 years they will need your services again. Create that fuzzy from the start and shorten the turnaround cycle.

Sponsored Links