View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 03:30 AM   #3
ketty5950
Brigadier General

ketty5950 is on a distinguished road

Have you ever felt your message was insignificant in an over-crowded market place? A client of mine said, 'I'll probably never write a book because there are already too many books on every subject I can think of.' The truth is many successful authors have felt their message insignificant in the LARGE scheme of things. But at some point they had to realize what I'm about to tell you, 'With all the great books in the marketplace, there's only one voice that's uniquely yours. I am convinced there are people waiting for your perspective, your solution,herve leger dress sale uk, or your message. They're waiting to be inspired, entertained or helped by YOUR book.'The way to make your book stand out in a crowded market is to target a niche market related to your book's topic. Identifying a niche is really hot in the marketing world right now and rightly so. Simply put,Herve Leger V-neck bandage dress, to target a niche market in your book's topic area: Identify a problem/solution and research your competition. Then develop a different approach. With all the books in the world on your topic, it’s not enough to know the solution. You must present the solution in a different way than existing books do.Develop a way of making your book different. You need a different viewpoint, a niche, or a different spin on perhaps the same information. Examine the problem again. Look at the solution your book solves with the goal of coming up with a way to present your knowledge differently than existing books.Here are three simple ways to do this:• Market Segment. You can develop a niche by focusing on an occupation, ######, or age group, i.e. Lose 14 Pounds in 2 Weeks: A Guide for Women Above 40, Lose Weight Safely Before, During & After Pregnancy.• Broadening Market. Consider appealing to a broader market: Lose 14 Pounds in 14 Days: A Guide for Working Class Men & Women.• Focus. Attack a big problem by emphasizing a particular tool or technique that you have experience with. For example, show how heart attack survivors can lose 14 pounds in 2 weeks by eating only fish, white meats and walking 10 miles a day.You may have noticed in each one of the above examples of the same market, the contents of the book would probably be the same! The books would contain the same basic ideas, suggestions, tips, etc. For example,gianmarco lorenzi swarovski pumps for sale, all the books about diets would probably stress the importance of eating right, choosing the right foods in right portions and daily exercise. Yet, each book presents a different viewpoint targeting a different market.So BE BOLD; have no fear about approaching the same subject as existing books. Focus in on your unique ideas and viewpoint. Remember, according to the writer of Ecclesiastes, “There’s nothing new under the sun.” Bernice Fitz–Gibbon said so eloquently, “Creativity often consists of merely turning up what is already there. Did you know that right and left shoes were only thought up only little more than a century ago.” Now go start your successful book journey. Make it different. Make it count. Make it yours.
Earma Brown, 11 year author, business owner, web developer helps service business owners, professionals and writers who want to write their best book now! Earma mentors other writers and business professionals through her monthly ezine iScribe. Send any email to iscribe@writetowin.org for free 7 lesson mini-course Jumpstart Writing Your Best Book Now! or visit her at www.writetowin.org for more book writing tips.
Please Rate this Article
ketty5950 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links