View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
lintian12

After the Christmas clemencies, we were flooded with requests, many from people upset at the delay in the regular process. Over the next five weeks we worked through hundreds of requests discount jerseys, rejecting hundreds more and granting 140, bringing my eight-year total to 456, out of more than 7,000 petitions for clemency. My White House counsel Beth Nolan, Bruce Lindsey, and my pardon attorney, Meredith Cabe, worked through as many as they could, getting information and clearance from the Justice Department. Some of the decisions were easy, like the cases of Susan McDougal and Henry Cisneros, who had been horribly mistreated by independent counsels.
more girlfriend cases; and a large number of routine requests that probably should have been granted years earlier. One of them was a mistake based on inadequate information because the Justice Department didnt know that the man in question was under investigation in a different state. Most of the pardons were for people of modest means who had no way to break through the system.The most controversial pardons went to Marc Rich and his partner Cheap Football jerseys, Pincus Green. Rich, a wealthy businessman jerseys wholesale, had left the United States for Switzerland shortly before he was indicted on tax and other charges for allegedly falsely reporting the price of certain oil transactions to minimize his tax liability.
There were several such cases in the 1980s sports jerseys, when some oil was under price controls and some was not, inviting the dishonest to underestimate their income or to overcharge their customers. During that time replica nfl jerseys, several people and companies were charged with violating the law nfl jerseys wholesalers, but the individuals were usually charged with a civil offense. It was extremely rare for tax charges to be prosecuted under the racketeering statutes, as Rich and Green were, and after they were charged, the Justice Department ordered U.S. attorneys to stop doing it.

Sponsored Links