View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
wtixh944

Default Windows 7 Ultimate Key A (Microsoft) Codename a da

As I introduced last week, I;m holding a brief but sweet Microsoft codename contest this week, using the prize becoming a free of charge signed duplicate of my Microsoft two.0 book (which I'll ship anywhere within the globe towards the winner).Considering that I introduced the rules and regulations, I;ve gotten much more than some interesting submissions. I was seeking from visitors new (but real and current) Microsoft codenames which I;ve had yet to detail as component of my expanding Microsoft Codename listing. I will likely be running a few of the most beneficial ones (as judged by yours truly) on my blog this week.Without further ado,Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007, let;s get to it.Codename of the day: SputnikBest guess on what it's: A log-processing technique powering Microsoft;s adCenter online-ad platformMeaning/context of the codename: I;m not certain with the Microsoft “theme” of which Sputnik is a part. It does seem to be connected to “Cosmos” and “Dryad,” Microsoft;s cloud-storage layer and distributed-computing technology, respectively. Sputnik was the name of Russia;s space program and aircraft used in that system. Russia preferred to call its craft/indefinite satellites “Cosmos,Microsoft Office 2010 Professional,” according to at least one article I found in my searches.Back story: The Sputnik ETL (extract, transform and load) infrastructure already is powering the paid-search and display events on adCenter,Microsoft Office 2007 Key, one tipster says. Sputnik is built on top of SQL Server Integration Services. Yet, unlike SSIS,Windows 7 Ultimate Key, Sputnik works across distributed systems considering it makes use of the Cosmos file system and Dryad distributed-execution technologies.Further info: Microsoft is working on making all of the infrastructure powering its cloud-computing services able to work across loosely coupled,Windows 7 64 Bit, distributed, multicore systems. Sputnik is no exception.Got a Microsoft code name you’ve been wondering about? Send it my way before the end of this week and you just may win my end-of-summer codename contest. (Winners names is going to be kept confidential unless they want them publicized. So don;t be shy: Microsoft employees, customers, partners, competitors and others are all eligible!)Meanwhile, if you want to keep track with the full month’s worth of Microsoft code names I end up posting, bookmark this “Microsoft Codenames” page.

Sponsored Links