View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
lanxihb789
Master Sergeant

lanxihb789 is on a distinguished road
Default microsoft office 2010 32 bit blog do-the-honey-bee

Question: Connor Lanman Intern – Viral Video Ninja – Sophomore-to-be at Stanford University about your internship at Microsoft. Is it pegged to a specific technology?
I am here as an “Associate Product Manager” Intern. That means I’m just a non-technical intern. But, my internship is a bit out of the ordinary,microsoft office 2010 32 bit, because it is based on my experience in viral video marketing. for the Windows Live Division – specifically Windows Live Essentials. My job is to engage photo and video enthusiasts,win 7, say people who use iMovie, and help to familiarize them with our Windows Live products through a viral marketing strategy and to create a viral strategy for the future. about your earlier experience with viral marketing.
I went to a special art high school in Los Altos,discount office Ultimate 2007, CA, and had to do a 10-minute short documentary film and a photo book as special projects. chose to study colony collapse disorder, which is devastating honey bee populations. I‘m interested in honey bees because I’ve been beekeeping with my godfather since I was five. When I made my doc film, I posted it to YouTube and Häagen-Dazs contacted me about it. They have a “Help the Honeybees” campaign because they need bees to pollinate crops that are necessary to make their ice cream. and met with them up in Oakland. I combined my research and photo book into a longer book called “The Plight of the Bee.” Häagen-Dazs was pretty excited about the 16-year-old kid who was into saving the bees, so they put stories about me and my project up on their website end up making your video “Do the Honey Bee!”?
Some months later, Häagen-Dazs got in touch and asked if I would make a two-minute video for them to submit for National Honeybee Awareness Day. They were thinking about a basic video. But they didn’t know that I had studied film in school. And one of my four brothers, Max, just majored in film at Yale. And my other brother, James,buy win 7 32bit, is a musician who has a band here in Seattle. got my brothers together and we started thinking about how we could make a video that would go viral. We decided that hip-hop videos where they teach you a dance – like Soulja Boy’s “Crank That “were the way to go up our own dance: Do The Honeybee. We came up with all of the lyrics,genuine office 2010 license, beats and made the music. Häagen-Dazs gave us a little budget and we bought bee costumes, rounded up 30 of our friends through Facebook, went to our family friends’ garden and shot it in a single day. it to all of our friends on Facebook and it just took off from there. We got 20K views in the first week. I like to call it informative entertainment. You are sort of advertising at the same time, but it’s entertaining enough that people don’t stop watching. you applying these same skills in your internship at Microsoft?
I want to figure how I can use my art and creative skills to help a business. I’d like to make a difference in what consumers do. The reason that I did this whole thing is to try to inform people through social media – which to me is the best way to educate. It is a great way to get people to pay attention and participate. I think that it has a ton of potential for businesses. given me any traditional “intern” work. They threw me right into the deep end. I’m creating a plan of engagement, sourcing info from other employees, hammering out a viral marketing strategy and more. It’s really cool. Soon I’ll start making viral videos for Microsoft too. It’s all really intense, but really exciting.
lanxihb789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links